- 1 and 1/2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 190g
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder 50g
- 3/4 cup caster/granulated sugar 150g
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips 175g
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil 60ml
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt 240g
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with muffin cases, then set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Toss in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, banana, vanilla, vegetable oil, and yogurt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cases, filling them almost to the top, and bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean with a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Muffins stay fresh in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. They also freeze well for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.