These Crock-pot "Baked" Apples are a delicious way to enjoy apples this fall!
- 1/2 cup of Water, warm
- 3 tbs Cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- 6 Apples, peeled and sliced or diced
- 1 tbs Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of Low sugar maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tbs Ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/8-1/4 cup Sweetener of choice (or to taste)
The estimated total time to make this recipe is 2-4 Hours.
- Put the warm water and cornstarch in the crockpot and whisk them until combined, and no lumps remain.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in your slow cooker and stir them all together. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or 2 hours on high, stirring once during cooking.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, or let cool and pour apples into a sealed container and refrigerate for up to one week!