- 1 and 1/4 sticks unsalted butter 140g, melted
- 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar 250g
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder 75g
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs cold
- 1/2 cup plain/all-purpose flour 60g
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line the bottom and sides of an 8x8" baking pan with aluminium foil, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides. Set aside.
- Whisk together the butter, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder. Stir in the vanilla extract, then mix in the eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one. Fold in the flour until fully incorporated, beating until thick and shiny, about 40 - 50 strokes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and spread out evenly. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
Brownies stay fresh, stored in an airtight container, at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.