For the donuts:
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
For the sugar coating:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray donut pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix together oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in flour and continue to mix until smooth.
- Fill the donut pans up about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake donuts for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, then remove donuts from pan.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in large plastic bag.
- One at a time, put your donuts in bag and shake lightly to cover.
- Remove from bag and let cool completely.
- Store in container.
- Recipe makes (12) 3 inch donuts, or (6) large donuts.