Salted Caramel Buttercream Frosting:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce, at room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
Make the frosting:
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer or with your hand mixer, cream butter on medium high speed for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add vanilla extract and salted caramel sauce; mix until combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and salt; beat on low until powdered sugar is incorporated. Add heavy cream and then add more powdered sugar until desired consistency is achieved.
- Increase speed to medium, and beat until smooth and well combined for another 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Prepare a piping bag and fill with frosting.