Here is a recipe for Spinach Muffins (Healthy and Tasty)
Serves: 16 muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup mashed banana (from about 1 to 2 bananas)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl: flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a blender, place oil, milk, and spinach. Blend on high for about 30 seconds or until completely puréed. Add banana and vanilla; blend on low just to mix.
- Pour puréed mixture into dry mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula until completely combined.
- Fill muffin cups about ⅔ full and bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You can use 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour for an all whole-wheat option. You can possibly use spelt flour too.